Spreading Your Message Through Memes
In today’s lesson, we’re going to go over memes and how they help to spread ideas throughout society. They may seem like silly pictures and text, but they have a lot to offer.
What is a Meme?
A meme refers to the concept of how some kinds of ideas are able to spread quickly through a society, why they are able to move so quickly, and how they can impact consumers. This concept can help you to create a positive situation around your brand, company, services, or products. The phrase of nothing draws a crowd like a crowd refers to this idea. For many, they are more likely to take the opportunity to try something they haven’t previously if others have done so. They get a sense of reassurance and protection from the experience of others.
Vital Spread of Information
The spread of information and ideas is essential for society to survive. Five main situations that this comes into play include:
A great example of spreading the word about something in such a way that it goes viral is evangelism. People not only listen, but they are willing to tell others about it. They help the very spread of the message. There are a few things that you can use in your message to help it get attention and be spread effectively. These items include:
- Current news
- Results that are original and unique
- Unusual offerings
- Positive news about helping others
- The sharing of secrets
- Time-test attention getter: sex
Traditional marketing is powerful and can be used to your advantage, but the new kings are online and viral marketing. You can get your message spread online quickly and efficiently by going viral.
Steps to Go Viral
There is a formula that can help you to go viral that people have developed. These steps are simplified but can help you to move forward with your message.
- Have a unique, interesting or different idea to share
- Create opportunities for people to get a trial or have experience with it
- Start spreading the idea to others that are in connection with larger groups
- Utilize the existing methods of communication to capitalize on spreading your idea
- Develop methods that allow for more people to experience your product or service easily by removing barriers
Viral Marketing Platforms
There are a number of online platforms where you can use your viral marketing efforts:
- Roger Wilco
- Instant Messenger
How to Benefit From Viral Online Word of Mouth
- Incorporate what you do on your website
- Get someone that will monitor your online presence and viral marketing efforts
- Use testimonials throughout the purchasing cycle to help walk customers through the buying process
- Create a marketing campaign through emails
- Stay aware and current of the expert opinions in your industry
- Show off your products and services on your website with people using them
You don’t have to go viral to take advantage of the internet opportunities for marketing. Some additional avenues to explore include smartphones, Blackberries, tablets, and other connected devices.
That’s it for today’s lesson on spreading your message through memes when it comes to viral marketing. Please contact us today if you are having any problems putting into action the concepts that we cover in our lessons. Let our service help your business.