Time to Take Off!
In the previous lesson, we went over a long list of different things you can use to assist your word of mouth program garner results. You’ve probably gone through them to find ones that will fit your needs and put them to work on your campaigns.
In today’s lesson, we’re going to go over the steps that you should follow to create your word of mouth campaigns to finish up this topic.
Word of Mouth Campaign Steps
Here are the steps that you should be following:
- Get your product out into the world. You should strive to find ways to get your products to influencers. Having influencers on your side can go a long way towards getting more people talking about your product.
- Give these influencers a channel to discuss your product on top of the regular channels they use.
- Provide testimonials and other resources to get your product out there.
- Create a group that meets monthly through a teleconference, and then annually at a resort.
- Plan events that are fun that make current users want to come together and bring along their friends that may be new to your brand. Harley-Davidson’s Bike Nights are a perfect example of a fun event that works as a way to get influencers together for a good time while marketing your products.
- Make visual content that can be shared with your clients that show loyal customers speaking with other loyal customers.
- Give potential customers a custom CD about your product or service.
- Create workshops and seminars for your customers.
- Make a rewards club that offers the benefits of being a member.
- Have flyers that you can easily pass out.
- Create your own word of mouth by telling friends and family.
- Offer a word of mouth program that rewards someone for getting someone else to try out your company.
- Use the internet to get the word out.
- Generate your own word of mouth by doing something crazy.
- Let your employees go the extra mile for your customers.
- Have your employees brainstorm new ideas and network.
- Create sale specials.
- Help others spread word of mouth by creating a script for them.
Checklist For Your Campaign Efforts
Each of these options are great opportunities to help get your word of mouth campaign off on the right tone. However, before you get started with your campaign to get the word out you should go through this checklist:
- Does the messaging of your campaign have the same message that’s easy to understand? You want your story to be compelling to become something that’s easy to share.
- Do you have a specific category for your product? For example, a facial cleanser that works for combination skin types.
- Are your stories over the top and ready to be shared?
- Have you offered the testimonials of real people that have successfully used your product?
- Do you have experts involved in your campaign, and are you using them in a manner that’s objective for your potential customers?
- Can people learn more easily to follow-up after being exposed to the word of mouth?
- Are people able to easily order or try your product when they hear about it?
- Will you have an event or another opportunity to send reminders to your prospects about your product?
Keep these elements in mind as you go over your word of mouth campaigns to ensure you’re taking complete advantage of this type of marketing effort. You may find that you missed something that could make it better.
Hopefully, you’ve gone over the series on word of mouth and have found it to be actionable. Be sure to reach out if you require any assistance on this series. See how our service can help you and your business grow.